A special event at Whitmore Community Centre
This is exactly the sort of event that was always successful at Open School East. It’s been set up by researchers from the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design and Arthritis Research UK — and it’s about online shopping, possibly a topic that already interests you very much.
Date and time
- Tuesday 25 April, 2 to 5 pm.
- The main workshop itself will start no later then 3 pm.
- Starting at 2 pm, we will have some preliminary time to give you an informal overview of online retail, and perhaps get you started on the Hackney Stream laptops or tablets.
Why you should come
- You would like to learn something interesting, and do something useful that will help older arthritis sufferers.
- You don’t have to be an arthritis victim yourself (the researchers just want to find out how older people use online shopping sites).
- You don’t have to be a Hackney resident, but you should be an older person (the older the better, but at least 50).
- You have a general interest or curiosity about online shopping. Internet beginners will fit in very well.
- You don’t have to be an experienced online shopper, and you definitely don’t have to know much about computers or the Internet.
What you will do
- The main workshop will have up to ten people, who will be using laptops or tablets to access and test three shopping sites.
- The workshop won’t all be on the Internet; there will be a paper exercise as well.
- If more than ten people turn up (which is very probable), don’t worry — there will be plenty for you to do, separate from the main workshop.
- Arthritis Research UK
- Helen Hamlyn Age & Ability Research Lab
- Shopping sites for the workshop