We are rebuilding this website for Hackney Stream Phase 3.
About Hackney Stream Phase 3
Our slogan for Hackney Stream phases 1 and 2 was ‘an audio adventure led by citizens of the pre-digital era’ – but we are not doing Internet Radio now because Parallel Radio has taken over, and is doing it much better. Our third phase is based mainly at Open School East, where we are focusing on organising our own events as local older people. So the new slogan should be something like ‘community adventures led by citizens of the pre-digital era’.
Successes so far include ...
- The monthly Open Dance Party (first Tuesday of every month) – bigger and better every time.
- The Food Event in the Eastern Curve Garden (with Parallel Radio, Hackney Circle and Agewell Social Network), 1 October 2014.
- Hackney Mobile Seniors – the weekly mobile gadget clinic on Tuesday afternoons, always busy.
- ‘Seeing Ourselves, Showing Ourselves’ – a photography project funded by the Arts Council.
- ‘I Am, Hackney’ – a film animation project funded by the Arts Council.
- Black History Month celebrations – perhaps the most impressive of all – an amazing event organised on a tiny budget, with the most people ever, 28 October 2014 – surpassed only by the 2015 event, 27 October (video playlist on Youtube).
Planned / looking for funding ...
- Regular creative tablet workshops (more demand for that than for anything else).
- Whatever you would like to organise.
This site used to be the front end of the Hackney Stream Internet radio stations. Now we are rebuilding it as a showcase, blog, gallery and online archive of our current activities at Open School East and elsewhere. Relaunch: we hope November.
Contact / where to find us
Every Tuesday afternoon (3 to 5 pm) at Open School East, 43 De Beauvoir Rd, N1 5SQ
Last edit: 1 November 2015